Thank you for expressing an interest in volunteering at your child’s school. At St. Augustine we value the time, talent and treasure that you are willing to share with us. Your example reinforces qualities that we encourage with our students through our Citizenship program.
St. Augustine school has many volunteer opportunities available to allow you to share in your child’s school life such as classroom representatives, school council, field trip supervisors, ski program, special day activities like the Terry Fox Run and Track and field day, coaching of sports teams and student council activities to name a few. All of these activities could not happen without volunteers like you.
To facilitate our volunteer program we register all of our volunteers. This allows us to better utilize our volunteers and ensures the safety of our students. All volunteers are required to be registered. Volunteer packages will be available from the main office beginning in September. Included in this volunteer package you will find the following items:
- the board policy regarding volunteers
- a criminal record request letter for you to take to your local police department, please note that you will not be charged and that you will require proof of identification
- a Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement and Volunteer Registration Form that must be filled out and signed.
- an Intervention Record Check form from Alberta Ministry of Children's Services. An email must be sent to email@example.com to request the form and you must submit two pieces of identification (1 photo ID). Please note that processing times may take up to 30 business days and will depend on the volume of requests.
- provide electronic proof of vaccination to the school office.
Once this is completed return everything to your child’s teacher or the school office.
On rare occasions we utilize parent volunteers for the transportation of students for extra curricular activities. In addition to the regular volunteer forms needed above we require more information such as a copy of drivers license, proof of insurance (minimum $2 million liability) and a drivers abstract. Contact the school office for additional information.
Should you have any questions with regards to our volunteer program do not hesitate to contact the school at 403-704-1155.